In order to get a feel for how the magazine/editorial article might look and work, I used black and white copies to construct a couple of dummy books - one for each chapter.
Chapter one was assembled with a messy sellotape approach - I cut out the pages to their actual size, taped the relevant pages back-to-back, and then taped the spine. Chapter two was done slightly differently:
Due to a lack of A2 paper I avoided this technique with the first chapter, but upon attempting it with chapter two I found it worked reasonably well on A3. The pages are left uncut - with crop marks left showing, and the book itself is essentially made up from blank A3 sheets. My pages are simply mounted upon these blank sheets.
Neither is a pretty picture on close inspection, but this wasn't the main reason for doing it - the two dummy books do their job in showing how the chapters themselves would flow - something which mounting individual pages (which is my next task) can't show.