Saturday 18 February 2012

Still Hunting

A quick catch-up...


A while ago I prepared rough sketches for the purpose of showing what would happen in my book - a children's adaptation of Carroll's "The Hunting of the Snark". Here are some:




A lot of my spreads looked a bit same-y, so I've experimented with angles and zooms - to make the pages more dynamic.


I'm now a the stage where I've begun mocking one or two of these up, to check my chosen colouring method works (bare in mind these are roughs):



The coloured areas are pastel scans, and the drawings are me making use of my new graphics tablet. Here's one of my characters:


I've created the top two in Photoshop, but I have experimented with drawing the figures in Illustrator... My only issue is that I can't seem to get Illustrator to recognise pen sensitivity (hence his flatness)... If anyone has any light to shed then please do!



No comments:

Post a Comment